Thursday, March 13, 2008

Santa Fe & Disneyland R.R. Tickets - Part 3

Continuing with the train ticket series, today we a few new things to look at. See parts 1 & 2 also for some neat tickets (link part 1) - (link -part 2).

These first two scans were donated by Major over at Gorilla's Don't Blog. I better find some Disneyland Slides to share with Major!

These are great little tickets, this one is good thru December 31, 1966. These are compliments of "Santa Fe" I wonder how these were distributed? Notice this is only for main gate admission and one train ride. Worth about a buck and half in 1966. I guess you enjoy the "free exhibits" after your train ride or talk your parents into buying tickets in the park!





This one expires December 31, 1968. I am thinking these were only made for children? Nice contrasting of the trains drawings. Oh, look, this one has NO serial number, WOW, that's extra rare!





When major sent me these (THANKS MAJOR!) he wondered how long they were used. Does anyone know? I found this one below currently on eBay (290212395574). It shows a expiration date of December 31, 1960, so they must have had these for at least eight years!






Here's a nice color photo of Walt on the hand cart with the #2 E.P. Ripley in the background. This photo is huge and would not fit in my scanner. Did they sell these in the park? Where was the photo taken??????



I did a post last month last month that included a black and white photo of the Main Street Station. It was damaged at the clock area and the overall photo was aging quickly. See the original photo scan here (link).


Major at Gorilla's Don't Blog and Richard over at Viewliner Ltd both took my damaged photo and were able to fix it. It looks like magic to me. I tried the "Clone tool" and it came out so bad I think my clone did it!

Here is major's version.




Here is Viewliner's version, way lighter, I tried that and it faded to "all white".


Thanks both of you! Amazing work! Someone needs to train me on how to use Photoshop :-)

3 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Without a doubt the greatest most incredible DL SF RR tickets I have ever seen. To see the Electro-Motive EMD F7 and steam train, both on a DL ticket is absolutely awesome. Thanks Major and Tim. This is what it is all about, sharing. P.S. Those guys did a pretty good job with Photoshop. Fun stuff!!

The Viewliner Limited said...

For Major: Just a little historical accuracy. The clock roman numerals at this time for 4 o'clock were IIII.

Major Pepperidge said...

Viewliner did his research! I obviously didn't. As I said to Tim, this was my "quick and dirty" fix, but I wouldn't have caught the Roman numeral detail!