Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Walt Disney World - 1977

Today’s post is in honor of my upcoming trip to Walt Disney World. It’s one week away and now I am getting excited.

Today’s post will focus on 1977, a year that I wish Walt Disney World looked liked when I get there next week. Here is the 1977 Walt Disney World Guide shown next to the Spring 1977 Disneyland Guide. Looks like one of the parks got a larger and nicer book. I guess everything about the Florida Property is larger….

Ok, since you asked, you can view both of these complete guides on this coming Bonus Sunday. It’s fun to compare the two.







A nice 8 Adventure book from 1977, at $7.25 its 25¢ larger than Disneyland’s 11 Adventure Book. Bigger is better?






Here’s a fairly rare book. From September 1976, it’s a full book of “in-park” tickets. These are different than the more common “courtesy” books that were given out by hotels and for promotions. These were bought in the park from the ticket booths and most were used right away.





Since these are good for any attraction (A thru E) why on earth would you use them for anything but an “E” ticket attraction? I like the original Walt Disney World Logo above.





$3.50 for a $4.50 value, a better deal can’t be had. (Weird Florida sales tax breakdown)





In case you were looking for a Disneyland Flyer Comparison post today (like I promised yesterday) check back in a couple of days, I'm having “issues” with the PC that my large flatbed scanner is hooked up to. (Yes the demo copy of Photoshop expired…)

Tomorrow: It's "Today's Good News" at Disneyland - July 1981

9 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I've still never been to the Florida parks, how long will you be there? I have a friend who goes twice a year, but not so much for the Magic Kingdom (which he feels is nowhere near as good as Disneyland), but for EPCOT and the other stuff.

Everyone who first goes to the Magic Kingdom says something like this: "This place is HUGE!".

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Hi Major! I will be at the Florida property for a whole week! I've never been either, Epcot looks neat, but with WDW - I can already hear the twilight zone sound track running in my head as I stroll thru that park. I’ll take some pictures of the weird stuff and post it when I get back.

Disneyana World said...

I hope you have tons of fun.

Please give us a full run down of your thoughts and pictures.

Matt said...

I highly recommend Animal Kingdom, by far the most beautiful of the parks.

The Viewliner Limited said...

I have always loved the WDW Logo from the seventies. These are great tickets. I hope you have a great time at WDW Tim. Take lots of pictures.

Anonymous said...

Great collection of antique Disney World Tickets you have out there. I am sure people love the older tickets and the park logo.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I like your blog very much. There is little I have to say about Disney World. I like it very much. The attractions are awesome. But the thing is that it is quite expensive. For me that is not a problem but what should do not well-off people who have several kids and can not afford a trip there. I saw the same complaints on this great site www.pissedconsumer.com.

Anonymous said...

hi there i have some old tickets that i wanted more information on does anyone know where to go?
thanks

Unknown said...

I have the 1977 book also, but it sports a night shot with fireworks over the Castle.