Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Goin' Quacker's This Summer at Disneyland - 1984

It time for “Goin’ Quackers! This Summer at DisneylandJuly 1, thru July 7, 1984. It’s Donald’s 50th Birthday and Disneyland is throwing a huge celebration.






Neato surprise party with; cake, beverages, a hat and a button! Oh wait, it’s $1.50, still sounds like bargain, but shouldn’t the Mouse be taking care of the tab?






Lots-o-entertainment.





Donald snuck into Magic Journeys! I never saw this show, I thought it was on of those “red & blue glasses” 3D movies that gives me a headache. Come to think of it, Honey I Shrunk the Audience gave me a bad headache, but it wasn’t the 3D effect’s fault. (Someone at Disney owes me 15 minutes of my life for actually sitting thru that show)






The back has some glue from someone’s scrap book. Ah those cherished memories all nicely placed in a scrap book, only later to be torn out and sold piece by piece on EBay.






The cover of Your Souvenir Guide to Disneyland 1984. This is the second edition of the Guide for that year; the first edition had a nice photo of the castle on the front. This edition is obviously for Donald’s Birth Celebration.






The map. Notice the date code at the bottom right, 4/84 of course for April 1984. See the 2.5 next to it? I think this number represents the print count, in this case it 2.5 Million. It’s just a guess, but it makes sense. Comeback on Bonus Sunday for the entire guide.


1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, no love for "Honey I Shrunk the Audience"! It was an OK show for its time, but unfortunately it has worn out its welcome. I agree, sometimes those 3-D movies just don't work that well for me and wind up making me feel crosseyed. But when they DO work, it's pretty neat!

As for "Magic Journeys", my main memory of it (besides the fact that it was kind of trippy) is when you see tropical fish, and they seem closer to you than the person sitting in the row in front of you... everyone in the theater was reaching their hands out as if to touch the fish!