Monday, July 7, 2008

Knott's Berry Farm - Chicken Dinner Menu Comparison

Today on Knott’s Monday let’s look at the way prices used rise, slowly…. It seems like prices now a days are going up faster than even the computers can keep track of them. So let’s venture into a simpler time, when prices increase’s were small and took years to take affect.

We’ll be looking at Knott’s Berry Farm’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant Menu’s from 1955 to 1970. This is the cover of the 1955 Edition.





The following are the price pages from 1955, 1959, 1967 and 1970 (I think it’s 1970 or close). I have also scanned the entire menu for each of the four periods; the menu itself is a Souvenir type booklet of the park.



From 1955 - Knott's Chicken Dinner prices: (full booklet available here)






From 1959 - Knott's Chicken Dinner prices: (full booklet available here)





From 1967 - Knott's Chicken Dinner prices: (full booklet available here)





From 1970? - Knott's Chicken Dinner prices: (full booklet available here)




I wonder what $3 gets you there today. The Chicken Dinner is of course still open and I’m sure they do a fine business as well. Looks Yummy. (Link)




Next Week's Knott’s Comparison Monday will continue with the Steak House Menu.

Tomorrow: A fun Disneyland Flyer comparison.

4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Where is my vegetarian option?? Just a joke, I will eat fried chicken any day. In fact I live a few blocks from a KFC, and once in a while the wind blows the smell in my direction, it always makes me hungry!

The Viewliner Limited said...

I got to tell you Tim "You rule man!". These are beautiful.

Katella Gate said...

The waitress in the blue dress in the earliest menus looks a lot like Judy Garland from "Harvey Girls"? Coincidence? I think not.

Daveland said...

Major - You need to get yourself to the park (that would be Disneyland, in Anaheim, not far from where you live) and have some Plaza Inn Fried Chicken - it puts the Colonel to shame!