Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Disneyland Snapshots - February 1969 - Part 2

Here's a few more Disneyland Snapshots taken February 1969. If you missed Part 1 you can see it here (link).

Up first, three nice shots approaching the castle. No ill will towards the Partners Statue, but it's too bad this view is no longer available.








Checkout the lady in the yellow pants, that vertical color bar shirt is amazing!






I've never seen any swans at Disneyland, were they planted?






The motley crew takes a little break in a deserted Frontierland.






Looks like a real town.





Looks like the Hills Bros Coffee house (link). They should bring this spot back as a coffee location, its wasted space now.





Adventureland bathrooms. Neato Totem gate!




Check back later this month for parts 3 and 4.

6 comments:

Daveland said...

I 2nd the motion on the Hills Brothers location!

Thufer said...

Agreed, The 'Coffee Gardens' in its many forms was always a favored spot for me as it offers one of the better locations in the park to simply enjoy the world as it passes you by.

Major Pepperidge said...

I have Ill will toward the "Partners" statue, because it's tacky and lame, and because I know Walt wouldn't have wanted it.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Ok you got me - Ditto what Major Said and to be honest I can't stand it cause there is no way Walt would have wanted it in the center of his Disneyland!

Anonymous said...

Indeed that is the Hill's Bros. serving station out on the sidewalk. Started my 'Disney career' there a couple months later in '69. Wish I could read the server's name tag. Probably worked with her that summer. Good times and great people. Fortunately have pictures that I keep treasured. Definitely missed.

JG said...

Hey VDT, re the swans. I remember multiple swans in the moat, a black one and white ones. See Daveland's post for today for another picture of the Snow White grotto area.

I'm kind of indifferent to the statue, I think it would be better to have in a quiet corner instead of the center, but the intent is respectful, I think, just crass execution.

Thufer, I'm with you and Dave, we need to have this place open again. Not sure it should be Starbucks, but no one should have to walk to Carnation for coffee.

I loved that restaurant.

JG