Friday, July 1, 2011

Union Pacific Railroad July 1965 Calendar

Happy July everyone, let’s start out the month with this July 1965 page from the Union Pacific Railroad 1965 calendar. This calendar is huge measuring just over 24” by 12”.





Here’s a close up of the super castle photo. This reminds me of the Wonderful World of Disney TV show opening. What sort of ritual are they performing at the entrance to the castle?





What a fantastic headquarters building, I think it’s still there (link).




The Union Pacific West... A Four Season VACATIONLAND!!!!





1965 was an excellent year.


7 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

Nice!!

The Viewliner Limited said...

Nothing better than Trains and Disneyland. Great calendar!

Major Pepperidge said...

I'll hang it up right next to my calendar full of naked ladies.

janet said...

Very nice!

Are the pictures from the other months as interesting?

Harry T. Dee said...

1965 was an AWFUL year for the railroads. A great many roads bit the dust during the decade. Why do you think 1965 was an excellent year for the railroads?

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Hi Harry, I was commenting on 1965 being an excellent year because it's the year I was born, May 13th specially, contact me for my address to send gifts next year...

Janet, I'll scan the remaining photos and post this weekend, they're pretty interesting.

plastic cards said...

i don't think 1965 was an excellent year.
my father was 5 yeas old,but in china, most of people are hungry. they have no rice to eat. just drink water