Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Ride to the Future Has Begun!

This undated (but I think it’s from 1997) flyer announced a major step in the Resort Expansion of Disneyland. At the risk of sounding smarmy, this flyer was really announcing the end of an era and the beginning of a billion dollar mistake. I’m offended at the use of Mr. Toad to “soften the blow” of the loss of the Cast Parking Lot - Toad is in no way responsible for Disney’s California Adventure.





Looks like the decal might have been the better choice, although an ice cream bar does sound good, it might not scan to well 10 years later. This large decal is high quality and is one of those “reverse” decals that you place behind glass (I stuck it to a clear piece of plastic to scan it). Were you suppose to put this in your car window?


6 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Wow, I've never seen one of these before. I want one! Too bad California Adventure didn't turn out as nice as the decal. Maybe if they had done Mr. Toad's Superstar Limo......nah!

Daveland said...

Of course they had no idea they'd be spending over a billion bucks some 10 years later to rectify the cost-cutting from '01.

Katella Gate said...

There just can't be too many of those left in the world...

Major Pepperidge said...

Arg. I remember how excited I was when we were told that we would get a whole new Disney park. And when it finally opened, the reports started coming in about how crummy it was!


PS. Smarmy

Jason Schultz said...

Definitely from June 1997...

JG said...

Was I supposed to stick THAT on my CAR?

No wonder DCA was a mess, the same people thought both of these things were a good idea.

Still, it's a cute memorabilia piece now.

But never on my car.

JG