Thursday, July 14, 2011

Disneyland's 25th Anniversary

While I’m at the beach on the French Riviera for the next few days please enjoy these “rebroadcast” posts from 2008. Magazine Monday will return with a new post this Monday.


******************************************


July 17, 1980. Disneyland hits it first big anniversary. From what I have read, this is the first time the park really started to consider itself a “Classic” and fully understand its place in the hearts and minds of people all over the world.

Disneyland had a grand 25 Hour Party to celebrate 25 years! After 25 hours at Disneyland I would be Goofy as can be, in fact, I would be sleeping in the Opera House at about hour 20.






Yummy, all kinds of good food was prepared for those lucky 25 hour party goers.





This gets weird. There are two seemingly identical gate flyers for the event. Both have the same front and back as shown here.






The inside pages of each is different. Here is the left inside page of version “A”.





Here is the inside left page of version “B”, no “Special Birthday Entertainment”





This is the inside right page of version “A”





The inside right page of version “B”




I am guessing the people that bought the special 25 hour party tickets got the “Special Birthday Entertainment”, however both of the fronts are the same and talk about the 25 hour party. It’s making my brain hurt, Jason, please clear this up for us…

Here is your party hat with that rubber band just waiting to snap you in the neck!






For those may have missed my post back in March, here is a great newspaper supplement.

January 20, 1980 Los Angeles Times Supplement (120mb)


3 comments:

Thufer said...

One of my fondest 'Park" memories was my going to the 25th Anniv. Party. I have my 'I was there' button, the party hat and other goodies packed away in one of several boxes with stuff from visits over the years.
In line waiting to get into the 25 hour/only 25,000 in attendance gala event; there were several patches of gossip about Walt being unfroze and coming to the ceremony. Everything was clean, polished, up and running. It was very glorious but I will be honest, I was very tired and ready when the 25 hour mark was meet. From ordering the tickets, to checking into HO-Jo's across the street, to coming back and crashing; it was an amazing party.

TokyoMagic! said...

Hey VDT, Have fun on the "Riviera." Here's a link to the button that was given out to guests at the party and also a Los Angeles Times advertisement for the party with a ticket order form: Disneyland's 25th Birthday Post

Major Pepperidge said...

I still have my copy of that LA Times supplement!