Sunday, June 6, 2010

Bonus Sunday

Welcome to Bonus Sunday, from Tuesdays "Unlock the Magic" post (link) here is the entire issue of Vacationland for the Spring of 1983


Vacationland Spring 1983 - 112mb






For my good friend Tokyo Magic, here's where it all began.







Great 60th anniversary centerfold! Looks like we'll be celebrating 90 years soon!






Here's a great little article for my buddy Don Ballard of at The Magical Hotel Blog.






How long was the "Brass Boutique" at the park, I don't recall that one!






Super Knott's advertisement on the back cover. I was just at Knott's yesterday, its was a great day - I had the full friend chicken dinner, YUM YUM!!! Great visiting with you Dave and Chris!


5 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Yay, Tokyo DL info! Wish I had gotten a chance to see it when it first opened!

I remember that shop called Fantasia over at the DL Hotel. It had a Mickey in the corner of the room dressed as The Sorcerer's Apprentice and lights were coming out of his finger and going up onto the ceiling and swirling around. You can see some of the lights in that exterior pic. It was like a seventies disco dance floor on the ceiling!

Jason Schultz said...

Tim, The Brass Boutique opened on March 26, 1982, but I don't know when it closed. You need to scan more guidemaps. ;)

Westcot2000 said...

There are those who would argue that Tokyo Disneyland began with a "magical" place called Nara Dreamland. ;)

D3 Gold said...

Excellent day. I like your blog post. All this appears fantastic Diablo III items


Buy Guild Wars 2 Gold

nomination bracelet uk said...

Super Knott's advertisement on the back cover. I was just at Knott's yesterday, its was a great day - I had the full friend chicken dinner, YUM YUM!!! Great visiting with you Dave and Chris!