Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Knott's Berry Farm Burro - 1955

It’s time for a fun Knott’s Berry Farm souvenir. In case you live under a rock and where unaware, be sure and check out “Knott’s Preserved”, Chris Merritts’ new Knott’s book and related signing event at Knott’s on April 18th (link) – I’ll be there!

This fun little book “The Knott’s Berry Farm Burro – in Ghost Town” is from 1955 and features some great illustrations. I don’t think Knott’s did very many books like this; in fact, this is the only one I’ve seen other than the Bear-y Tales book (link). Disney and Disneyland had tons of kid’s books over the years, I’m wondering if Knott’s produced this book in 1955 by coincidence or were they just trying to get an edge on Disneyland.






I was going to post just a few pages and save the rest for Bonus Sunday but what the heck, here’s the whole book – enjoy.

































8 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Nice book, one of my favorite Knott's Berry Farm souvenirs.

TokyoMagic! said...

Thanks for sharing this. Love the artwork!

Connie Moreno said...

What a delightful book!!

Chris Merritt said...

it's a great book! Since mine is in storage, I had no way of looking at it, until today... Thank you!

outsidetheberm said...

The kids must have loved this book, too. Every copy I've seen is pretty banged up and well used! I'm still hoping to add a 'mint' copy to the collection here.

Chris Jepsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Jepsen said...

Thanks for plugging our KBF event!

Hope you don't mind, but I appropriated one of the images from this post for my blog (with credit) and linked over to you:

http://ochistorical.blogspot.com/2010/03/knotts-orange-community-hist-soc-coph.html

I've seen the cover of this book pictured several times, but I've never seen the content before. Thanks for sharing!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the little Burro Book!

Chris M, looking forward to see you!

Chris J, you can appropriate anything you want from my blog and thanks for the shout out on your blog - see you on April 18th!