Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bonus Sunday

From Friday's Knott's post (link), here's the complete Knott's Bear-y Tales Book.


Knott's Bear-y Tales Journey to the Fair -34mb






Who doesn't love these mid '70's illustrations?






Frogs anyone????







From Monday's "Yachtsmen" post, here is a link that has the entire Vinyl LP "High and Dry", plus tons of other GREAT Disney LP's. The interface is a little tricky to use and I could only get it to work in "Chrome", but it's worth the quirkiness once its starts playing.


Disney Albums Link (use Chrome to browse)




When you open the link, drag the "Load Albums" box to the center of the screen (it will be way off to the left), click the album title once and it will load all the songs into the web-based player. If you can figure out how to download and SAVE the mp3's from this site, LET ME KNOW!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't get the site to work in Firefox, and there's no way I'm gonna give Google all my browsing history.

But, as a general rule, in Flash-based programs you can recover audio and video from your browser cache. Google (sigh) for more info.

Pegleg Pete said...

Thanks for uploading the entire Yachtsmen album! I'm looking forward to listening to it.

TokyoMagic! said...

Thank you for sharing the Beary Tales book! I remember seeing this for sale in the park, but never picked one up for myself. Great illustrations...I can almost hear the attraction music playing. I miss this wonderful little attracton. I wonder what the chances are of getting ANY kind of dark ride opened in that space again? Probably slim to none, huh?

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

The link to the Disney Albums was sent to be by someone, these aren't ones I uploaded... And I think I crashed that site, because it doesn't seem to work anymore :-(....

If it doesn't come back, I'll go ahead an do a couple more songs on my turntable and post them later.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

TokyoMagic; Your welcome :-) That area is still empty huh? As I recall (from riding it about 10,000 times) it wasn't really very elaborate or expense looking, just loads of fun! How hard could it be to rebuild it again? I bet Rolly Crump would help... And oh yes, the music was great too!

TokyoMagic! said...

At my reunion yesterday, someone told me that the former Beary Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs space now features Laser Tag. It is supposedly an "upcharge" attraction (separate fee and not included in price of admission). I'm guessing that the space has been gutted and the ride system taken out, but I have not confirmed this. Cedar Fair makes me sick to my stomach! Oh and there is more.....this same person told me that they gutted the Hunter's Paradise Shooting Gallery across from the Log Ride and it is now a Panda Express Restaurant. Again, I haven't confirmed that myself, but we don't have to worry...the cheap and tacky shooting gallery that was "stuck" into the Silver Dollar Saloon is still there!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for the posting great scans of the book!! I got this as a kid at Knott's Berry Farm and loved the illustrations. Brings back many happy memories!