Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bonus Sunday

Welcome to Bonus Sunday, from Wednesday’s “Date Nite at Disneyland 1967 – Part 2” post, here is the entire Summer 1967Your Guide to Disneyland”.


Summer 1967 Disneyland Guide – 14mb






Lot’s of great stuff in this guide, Pirates is brand new and so is Tomorrowland ’67.






How about a very short vintage Trip Report??? I recently found a box of my old slides from January 1981. This is from my first “playing hookie” trip to Disneyland. As I recall there was a Social Studies test that day (Hi Mr. Shapiro) and since I had no chance of passing I figured it was best to just not show up.

These “Red Tag Photo” slides have aged “OK” (kind of like me) is was a bit of a gloomy day. Is this the Katella Gate entrance?






And now for part two of the vintage trip report, the parking lot! I remember taking this picture and then debating about bringing my 8 pound camera in the park, the camera lost that debate and spent the day in the trunk.






The remaining slides in the box are all of my 1977 Olds Toronado. I was a weird teenager, this looks like it should be your grandpa’s car! I did get an amazing deal on this beast, with the 2nd fuel crisis and the poor economy I got this baby for $2,000, about half its blue book value.






I won’t put you to sleep with all 22 photos so I'll leave you with the nice interior shot. That Gumby on the review mirror has been in every car I’ve owned, I still have him!


5 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Old Tim was ridin' in style baby! Very cool! Great pics

Thufer said...

I always smile at parking lot photos. Thank you very much.

Major Pepperidge said...

That entry photo is very unusual, it's actually pretty cool! Love the Olds Toronado, I had a Buick Electra 225 (in beige, the most beautiful color on earth), that thing was a boat, but it was comfortable!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

*Color corrected Disneyland parking lot slides by Major Pepperidge - Thanks Major - He "gets the red out".

TokyoMagic! said...

That gate is the Harbor Gate. I always wish I had taken a photo of it. Somewhere I have video of it. I love the transparent rainbow sticker on the back windshield of that one car. I forgot all about those...they were everywhere! Looks like the same car also has one of those rear view mirrors that goes all the way across the front windshield. Those were also very popular back in the day. Ah, memories.....