Thursday, February 14, 2008

Today’s post is a tribute to the fine spirit of people in this great country. I deal with all sorts of people on EBay. Virtually everyone is pleasant and nice.

The item of today’s post is a simple set of ½ empty May 1976 Walt Disney World ticket books. It was $2.40, including shipping, which is a heck of a deal in itself.

My surprise came when I open the envelope from Ohio; it not only had the ticket books, but also had these two wonderful hand drawn bookmarks. These are from the “American Education Week” program.

In a nutshell here is what they do: “Great Public Schools: A Basic Right and Our Responsibility is the theme of American Education Week 2007. Now in its 86th year, this national observance recognizes all the people – in schools, homes and communities – who work together to help children and young adults achieve.” (Link)








Here is an “E” ticket and the backs from the May 1976 Walt Disney World ticket books I received with the bookmarks.





I wish to thank Mike and Chelsen, grade 6, for their wonderful drawings. And to the nice lady in Ohio who sent these to me, thank you for brightening my day and hopefully the day of others who see these.

Tomorrow; It’s 1983, so lets visit the New Fantastyland……

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I love getting extra goodies, one time a guy put in weird cool stuff. An unused record label (!), a funny old bumper sticker, and a ticket to a rock concert from the 80's. I almost liked that stuff more than the item I bid on!

Anonymous said...

Excelent site! I Just Love IT

Lilly Rowling said...

lovely blog, Disney is my favorite thing ever, and here it just great to know the Vintage Disney, I dream one day would be there for sure.

Regards,
Lilly, The Idiom Lover.
Idioms.in