Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Grad Nite - 1984

It’s Grad Nite ’84 complete with the way cool 80’s neon font, this same style was used for Grad Nite ’82, which I posted back in December (link).

This ticket appears not to have been used and was good only on June 13, 1984.






The usual stuff on the back, in addition to alcohol, “marijuana or danger drugs” are not allowed at Disneyland. Were safe drugs allowed? “Hold your own ticket”, how many times must we tell you?






Student information and how to dress in the oh so cool 80’s. In association with 106.7 KROQ “The ROQ of the 80’s”. KROQ is still rocking on 106.7!






Opening for Grad Nites the NEW Alice in Wonderland Attraction. Have you seen this great Alice blog (link) Check it out, I think it's great! Cheap Trick; “The dream police they live inside of my head”… “I want you to want me”, “Aint that a shame”…. Cheap Trick and the Carpenters, works for me! I’ve got some smooth Coltrane playing right now; I guess my music tastes lay in that past…








The Grad Nite ’84 program cover photo has an intentional blurriness to it just like the Grad Nite ’82 program cover, and I will say it again, the early 80’s WERE a blurry mess, trust me.









Is your high school on there?


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason & the Scorchers at Disneyland! Fire up the time machine – I'm there! Not so sure about the Grad Nite wardrobe suggestions though . . .

Jason Schultz said...

With all the Grad Nite dates we can see from the performance schedule, it's hard to believe in the early years it occurred on but a single night!

Major Pepperidge said...

Nobody has documented Grad Night like you have! Oh those 80's fashions. KROQ was a big part of my life around 1984... I was living in Pasadena, and KROQ was on Los Robles Avenue. Lots of the people I knew would show up to school having just been hanging around outside the station to get a glimpse of some New Wave star!

Cheap Trick at Disneyland? Pretty surprising, they actually have some major hits.

Matt said...

Wow, I would have loved to have seen Cheap Trick at Disneyland. And thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I was there! I just was googling Grad Night 84 because I couldn't remember what bands other than Cheap Trick or Sparks played and here I find this sight! What a great night that was.

I was in San Diego so more 91X than KROQ, but it was KROQ whenever we passed Camp Pendelton.

Sparks Archive said...

Hi we're working with director Edgar Wright on a documentary about Sparks and we would love to talk to you about potentially using this story in the film along with the photos you've posted. I've sent an email to vintagedisneylandtickets@gmail.com but if you don't receive that please email sparksfanarchive@gmail.com and we can discuss. Many thanks, The Sparks Team.

Paul said...

I recall Sparks because I watched them play at least twice that night. However, I do not recall Cheap Trick, though I was fortunate to see them another time. For some reason, I recall Hall and Oates played that night? Does anyone else recall Hall & Oates or am I merely getting old������

Anonymous said...

How do you purchase Grad night 1984 entrance tickets Disneyland