Sunday, December 2, 2007

Grad Nite 82!

Here's some funky stuff. Grad Nite 82! Grad Nite originated at Disneyland in 1961 for local area students. Fascinating stuff about it over at Wikipedia.

In 1982, $11 got you unlimited rides and attractions, except not ALL of them - according to Wikipedia "Disney has adjusted its policies on which rides to open. Attractions such as Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln have been closed, as students will use them for romantic getaways or to sleep. Generally, the rides that involve travel across water have been closed."


Oh boy, the dress code, I believe this has changed also, denim was NOT allowed in 1982! And, "Hold your own ticket"!


Front cover of the special Grad Nite brochure. It really does look like that, it was all blurry before I scanned it. For the record, much of the early 80's was blurry and fuzzy like this, I know, I was there!

Sister Sledge! "We are Family".... LOL! Tommy Tutone! This is killing me!


Two who pages of what we were supposed to look like having fun on Grad Nite. These seniors look kind of college age don't they?


My School is on there, is yours??????


Coming Monday - The "C" Ticket series. I've been sorting thru them, these are getting really fun now, it's all up town from here!


11 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Some very cool Disneyland history here! Great post. Thanks.

TokyoMagic! said...

I'm just catching up with your older posts, since I didn't discover your blog until mid-summer.....great vintage Grad Nite items! I was there in '82 also, but I guess not on the same night as your school. Do you remember Sister Sledge changing their lyrics to "We are family, the class of '82 is free!"??? Ah, memories.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Hi Tokyomagic! I'm glad you are checking out the blog :-)... I do remember sister sledge, but not the "class of '82 is free" song, I was probably riding Adventure Thru Inner Space most of the night!

Anonymous said...

Tickets for Grad Night 1980 costs
10 dollars.

Hugs said...

Just found your blog a few days ago and I'm loving it. This was my actual Grad Night. I was there as a Senior in 82! I also attended previous other Grad Nights with pals that were Seniors during those years.

I wasn't impressed with the musical line up in 82 so I was able to get on lots of rides while everyone else was at the performances. Unfortunately I could still hear Tommy Tu Tone screeching out 867-5309....but the year that Shalamar and KC & the Sunshine Band performed was the best Grad Night ever!

Anonymous said...

My grad-nite brochure includes the following performances for 1982 (June 17):

Papa Doo Run Run, Bertie Higgins, Skyy, Franke & The Knockouts, Sister Sledge and Tommy Tutone. I loved seeing Skyy...

My brochure has my highschool on it.

southmiamijill said...

I think that is SO cool that you have this! I was 1982 as well, but in Florida so we went to Disney World. I WISH I had a brochure like this - I don't even remember getting one. This is awesome!!

J. Nicholas said...

Wow memories! My grad night I remember Shalamar and Shannon. I came with Bellflower High.

Gabriel Lopez..... said...

Remember like it was yesterday

DJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DJ said...

Thanks for the memories. CVHS!!