Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Skyway Challenge


Short Saturday Night post, non-ticket related.

This is a scan from a little snapshot I got off eBay several years back. Not sure how good the colors are or how clear the focus for that matter. But it does reveal some nice construction in Tomorrowland. Is this the "New Tomorroland 67"? Anyone know more about a date on this or do you have views from other angles?

The other thing I noticed in this picture, and it brings back a few scary memories, look at the cable on the right, see how much it's drooping? As much as I would love the skyway to still be in Disneyland, honestly, I probably wouldn't ride it! But I sure would love to see it moving thru the Skyways of Disneyland...

2 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Hey VDT send me an email so I can send you an enhanced version of this awesome picture. OK! viewliner@gmail.com

Jason Schultz said...

That's definitely construction for the New Tomorrowland! Given the amount of work still to be done, I'd say it's probably October or November 1966. The hole in the ground looks like the beginning of the tunnel that runs from backstage Tomorrowland to underneath The Tomorrowland Terrace.