Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Grad Nite - 1964

It’s Grad Nite ’64! June 18, 1964 – 11:00pm till 5:00am. Win a 1964 Mustang, NICE!!! This ticket was used but they didn’t get the free photo, rats those are always fun to look at.






The Rules. No alcohol "any time at Disneyland”, not just on Grad Nite, who knew? In later years it also mentions no “Marijuana” (also "any time at Disneyland"). I guess it wasn’t an issue yet in 1964.






This is the card for your “Grad Nite” photo to be mail to you. Come back to the blog for 1966 and you’ll see a photo from that year’s Grad Nite. Interesting that “Lora Lee” filled it out but never turned it in, I bet there is a dramatic story in there somewhere.







And here is what you could have won, a brand new 1964 ½ Mustang. The Mustang was introduced mid-year on April 17, 1964. Ford considered it a “1965” model, but there were subtle difference between it and the “True 1965” models that were built after that first summer. Isn’t she pretty?






The evolution of the first Mustang.





See you tomorrow; actually see you in 1965 for “Grad Nite ‘65” and a sneak peak at a SUPER Tencennial Treat for this coming Bonus Sunday.

5 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Great stuff Tim. 1963 and 1964 Grand Nite back-to-back. What more can you ask for. Thanks.

Major Pepperidge said...

I am pretty sure that Ford debuted the Mustang at the World's Fair.... but I could be wrong!

outsidetheberm said...

That was quite an incredible prize they offered. Those kids must have been pretty excited.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I graduated that year,1964, and I still have the program booklet for grad nite

Robert

Anonymous said...

Actually, the car shown as "what you could of won" is not the vehicle awarded. I know because I was the winner. It was a cream convertible, white top, with red interior, 4-on-the-the floor stick. It was awesome, and I didn't even have my driver's license yet!