Thursday, June 12, 2008

America on Parade - A Special Preview Performance

Are you ready for a Special Preview Performance of “America on Parade”? This June 13, 1975 ticket was good for entry to the park, unlimited attractions and reserved seating for the parade. I wonder how you got one of these? Of course, with the parade at 8:30 and the ticket is only good from 6pm to 10 pm, you better hustle to get in as many attractions as you can!






A couple of pages from the Summer 1976 Vacationland Magazine. Check back on Bonus Sunday for the complete magazine scan.




Who's idea was it for the BIG heads???





A few pages from the Spring 1976 Guide Book, I had posted this entire guide a few months ago, but that was before I combined the pages into one file, so check back this Bonus Sunday for the complete guide scan.






Did they update the parade floats at one point? This is from the Spring 1976 Guide book. Compare it to my scan of the souvenir slides lower in this post, it’s the same "train/boat/plane" theme, but totally different?







From the back cover of the 1975 annual Souvenir Guide Book, the Parade does not make it into the 1975 or 1976 guide itself (something for the encyclopedia? – LOL!).






Now for the GAF Pana-vue Slides of America on Parade at Night.






These had gone completely magenta/pink/ugly. My scanner does documents great, but I don’t think it's in the right league for high res scans of slides. I set it at 4800dpi (supposedly its optical maximum) then I went and put a new roof on my house while waiting for it to scan! I used Daveland’s recommended “one step quick-try” method to remove the pink and add some color and it seemed to work out pretty good, thanks for the tip Dave!





Is this a giant sandwich????






Please visit these blogs that have scans of slides that make you say “oh and ah” not “huh & hmm” like mine do.


Daveland

Gorilla's Don't Blog

Stuff From the Park


Tomorrow: Major was right!

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

The giant sandwich is just plain strange! Why not a giant shoe, or can opener? It's "Odds 'N Ends On Parade"!

I vaguely remember seeing this parade once...

The Viewliner Limited said...

Great slides . I have never seen them before.

Jim Moore said...

I was a performer in AOP at Disneyland -- did all kinds of parts. Now THAT was a parade! It went on and on and on and on! Every other Disney parade (except MSEP) pales when compared to it. Ah yes, a great parade, a wonderful moment in time, and a great job to have while still in high school. Thanks for the post!