Thursday, June 5, 2008

Your Guide to Walt Disney's Disneyland - April 1977

On yesterday’s post I kind of cheated by asking the date of today’s Guide to Disneyland Post. When I first saw the cover I thought “1968”, so Viewliner Ltd, you were right with me on your thinking of "1966". Terrance T. was closer with his “1973 or 1974” guess, the actual date is April 1977.

The cover sure looks like an older photo. In fact, several of the photo’s in this guide seem much older than 1977, but it's a fun Guide with lots of color!








This Tomorrowland Terrace “in action” shot looks late 1960’s to me.






Great Space Mountain concept art, enjoy your “twisting turning high-speed space journey”. “EXPERIENCE Space Mountain!” Will do.





Fun cartoons and info.







What was this “Guide” for? I am thinking for brochure racks at hotels and travel agencies? I guess it wouldn’t make much sense to pass these out at the park, the freeway map would be of no use since you’re already there!


2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Well, you know that they tended to use the same photos over and over for years, which would explain the older views. Love the artwork of Space Mountain!

The Viewliner Limited said...

Damn, wrong again. Oh well. A great post none the less. Thanks Tim.