Monday, June 16, 2008

Grad Nite - 1963

It’s “Grad Niteweek, I hope you are ready for some Grad Nite Madness this week! Originally I was going to present each Grad Nite item on the corresponding date of the actual Grad Nite. That plan just didn’t work, we would be bouncing all over the decades like Sam in Quantum Leap! Therefore the Grad Nites will be presented in chronological order by year, starting today in 1963.

From June 21, 1963, this Grad Nite Program has that fun early 1960’s art work.





The High School names were printed on this “tissue like” paper that’s pretty thick, it reminds me of a wedding invitation. Is your High School on there? Mine isn't, it wasn't build until 1969.





The cute couple that are under the tissue paper.





Lots of super talented entertainment with great “action” drawings.







A blank piece of that same tissue type paper separates the back page. No photo, but there are some details on what attraction they rode, like Autopia Sr.





Come back tomorrow, maybe you can win a 1964 Mustang!

5 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, neat. I wish I had one of these! I wonder how many years Disneyland put out a flyer for grad night?

Barry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barry said...

We had a flyer like this in 65 but I let the girl I took to Gradnite take all the souvenirs home with her. This is her and I at Gradnite that year. Big view on my page.

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I went to school in Orange County and was disappointed when I found out our gradnight was going to be at a bowling alley instead of Disneyland. These images are awesome.

Unknown said...

I went to Grad Night in 1963 from Hollywood High, but did not see this on the schools printed.