Monday, November 21, 2011

A Musical Tour of Main Street U.S.A. - 1956

It’s Audio Visual souvenir day (come back on Wednesday for Magazine Monday) this little 45rpm record is not dated but I believe its from 1956 and was part of the larger LP “Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland”, you can see my previous post on that LP here (link). Today’s 45rpm record is “Walt Disney Takes you to Main Street U.S.A., a Musical Tour”. Great fence work surrounding the stylish drinking fountain.




Super fun 1956 Map on the back, I see the never made Phantom Boats 2.0 with the propeller on the back! Notice the train tracks have the bypass line at both stations.





Let’s take a listen shall we?






You can hear side two here (link) for some reason the video quality is lacking on side two but the sound is good.





This ticket is probably from 1957 or early 1958, not 1956, but I like it and it fits this post pretty good.


3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I've always loved the 33rpm album that this track came from. Somehow I could close my eyes and go back to the Disneyland of yesterday!

Connie Moreno said...

Wow. I love it.

Werner said...

Cool Stuff!, we try to make our next holiday´s in Disneyland this year. Thanks a lot for Informations! Best, Werner