Thursday, April 23, 2009

Knott’s Berry Farm - Ghost Town Grill Place Mat

This breakfast place mat from the Knott’s Berry Farm Ghost Town Grill is great shape for being over 50 years old (except that it smells like my grandma’s house). Based on the fun but hard to read map, I would place this somewhere between 1955 and 1959, closer to 1955.

For a total of $2.80, this is what I’d order; “The Miner Struck it Rich and ordered This” (Includes: Breakfast Steak, two fried eggs, Char-Broiled Ham, Hash Brown Potatoes, crossed with Country Smoked Bacon, Buttered Toast & choice of assorted preserves) $2.00; Hot Cakes 50¢, Orange Juice 10¢, Coffee 10¢, and a Doughnut for 10¢. I’d be so full I couldn’t move… But I'd be smiling!





Here's a higher resolution version (link) 26mb.

5 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Oh man... now I'm hungry! We used to buy Knott's boysenberry syrup at the store, it was my favorite!

The Viewliner Limited said...

I realy like this type of memorabilia. Especially from Knotts.

The Disneyland USA lobby card post of yesterday... ABSOLUTELY FREAKING AWESOME!

Just a little info on DL USA. The lobby card is dated 1957, which is the time the movie was released in Europe. There are 8 different lobby cards in the set.

Let's Talk Knott's said...

Very Nice!!

outsidetheberm said...

That's the 1958 map you've got there. Good post.

SundayNight said...

Oh man does that sound good. I’m going to have a Knott’s breakfast party sometime and serve that exact meal.