Friday, September 18, 2009

Universal Studios Snapshot Print Pak - 1980

How about a Mirro-Krome look at Universal Studios in 1980? These are a fun look at the studios back when the focus was still on the tour.








"By your command" - Cylon Warriors have invaded the studio tour. Here's a great video of the attraction (link). I used to love the Stunt Show (the quicksand was my favorite part) do they still have the show?






Is that the Clock tower building from back to the Future? The parting of the red sea looks fairly convincing in this photo!






Where is Steve Austin when you need him? Wait, the Jamie Summers should be crossing that bridge any second (link).






I believe that’s Muffit II, the robot daggit (dog) created to replace a real daggit that gets killed in the Battlestar Galactica series. That always made me sad about the real dog getting killed by those Cylon bastards! Not sure who the bird talking on the phone is?





6 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

The talking bird was "Fred" and he was from the TV show, "Barretta"...he belonged to the title character. I remember seeing the Animals and Actors show at Universal and receiving an autographed photo of Fred talking on the phone (I'm not sure how he was supposed to have signed his name.) Wish I could find that item. I saved almost EVERYTHING, but I think that's one of the few theme park souvenirs that I've lost forever.

Doug said...

Fun!!! When I was a kid growing up in NYC I dreamed of going to Universal Studios. Now, as an adult I live about a mile a way and go about once ever three years. If I could only turn back time.

Major Pepperidge said...

What a great souvenir pack! The only thing I recall "Fred" the cockatoo saying is "Hello". Impressive for a bird I guess...

There used to be a "Battlestar Galactica" section of the tram tour, I mostly remember a Cylon splitting exactly in two after getting zapped with a laser!

And of course there is the vivid memory of Bigfoot running though the ice tunnel (Bionic Woman or Million Dollar Man? I forget!).

Hrundi V. Bakshi said...

Bigfoot was in the Six Million Dollar Man originally, might have turned up in the Bionic Woman too. Not sure about that.

Major Pepperidge said...

Oh yeah, SIX million dollars. How soon we (I) forget.

Anonymous said...

Read more about Fred (nee Lala) here:

http://www.tvacres.com/news_may_2002_pet.htm