Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Disneyland Ticket Flyer - June 1960

Important” Here’s a great Disneyland (parking lot?) flyer from June 1960. This flyer is filled with the tons of details about the tickets books, the number of each lettered tickets they included and the 43 exciting adventures you can chose to enjoy.





Most of these “Important” flyers are small, tri-fold shirt pocket size on basic 20 pound paper. This 1960 flyer is huge, measuring 15 ¾” by 10” when fully open. It’s also on thick coated paper sort of like a birthday card.






Here’s closeup of the inside sections.






Who doesn’t love those little attraction drawings?






The inside back page is a hoot, it’s a “Special Message for Adults”. I wonder what qualifies an attraction as having “Adult Appeal”?






The back panel was blank except for this code. The date is pretty obvious, and I believe the 135M is for 135,000 copies.






How about a set of tickets to go with the flyer? Keen eyes will notice the “B” ticket is from June 1959 and does not completely match the flyer, the rest are June 1960. I can’t find a June 1960 “B” ticket, if anyone has one, please send me a scan.










7 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

That particular ticket flyer is one of my favorites, it definitely is big! I think they used that design in 1959 as well. Lots of great little thumbnail artwork. Don't you just wish you could go back and buy a bunch of those "Big 10" and "Jumbo 15" books at those prices??

Katella Gate said...

They were handing these very fliers out the day I was born, and are therefore sacred. ;)

Anonymous said...

The "adult" appeal attractions seem to involve sitting down a lot.

Katella Gate said...

Anon says: "The "adult" appeal attractions seem to involve sitting down a lot."

How true, and every time I sat down in the Monorail, Peoplemover, or Monsanto ATIS, my rump pronounced a special blessing on Bob Gurr.

Corinne said...

I have a B ticket

Anonymous said...

My wife just found 1960's vintage Disneyland ticket books. How can I tell what years they were sold?

DBL07.co said...

Love the vintage Disney! Help me become an imagineer! https://www.dbl07.co/a-heros-journey-to-becoming-a-disney-imagineer/