Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Good News from Disneyland - August 1967

There’s Good News from Disneyland (no not Spiderman weds Tinkerbell) from the Delegates of the Southern California College – Costa Mesa, California.

There must have been a convention in late August of 1967 for the Socal College folks. This mini poster promises a “Special Disneyland Ticket Value” It’s the “Disneyland Convention Exclusive. This all sounds great, but what exactly does my discount consist of?





Speaking of conventions, how many local and non-locals are planning to attend the D23 Expo? (Gasp - my first D23 reference on this blog) I think I'll check out at least one of the days. Something about paying to hear Bob, John and Jay talk seems altogether wrong; shouldn’t they be paying me to listen to them? Oh well, its sounds like lots will be happening and some neat stuff to be announced (from Miceage);

* Star Tours 2.0 - Heck Yes!

* Mr. Lincolns enhanced return – I can’t wait!!

*Tony Baxter is looking forward to adding back a lot of the animatronic wildlife and storytelling drama that has slowly been removed from Frontierland over the last two decades”. – Can it get any better!!!

*A Tinker Bell and Fairies themed dark ride is now slated for the old Motor Boat Cruise lagoon early in the next decade.” – Huh?

7 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Hey Tim- I will be selling at the show. My booth number is C129. I will have my usual sales stock of Disneyland paper, vintage Disneyana and ceramics.

TokyoMagic! said...

Could it possibly be "Light Magic - The Ride?"

Are pixies now the next big "thing" instead of princesses and pirates?

Major Pepperidge said...

Hmm, I wonder where they would add the animatronic wildlife? A lot of storytelling drama was removed when the burning cabing became the boring cabin.

Assuming the Tinker Bell dark ride really happens they'll have to fill in the Motor Boat Cruise waterways... which would be a shame, but at least we would have a ride there!

The Viewliner Limited said...

Good News! Good Fun!

outsidetheberm said...

That's one very elaborate convention flyer! You say it's a mini poster. What size is this, Tim?

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Matterhorn; I'll see you there!

Tokyomagic; "Light Magic - The Ride" gives me goose bumps, not the fun kind!

Major; I do really like the 'retroland" look of what's left of the Motor Boat Cruise load area and waterways, but it is a pretty lifeless area, unless you count the smokers & the ducks.

Viewliner; Thanks!

Outside; The "mini-poster" is just slightly larger than 8 1/2 by 11, so its really a flyer I guess... I wish I had one of the "certificates" they are talking about!

Daveland said...

Did you also see the casual mention of the Hatbox Ghost returning? Hopefully Al's sources are giving him good info this time.