Thursday, January 31, 2008

Loose ends to tie up!

Since I was not able to get a replacement scanner yet, today's post will consist of a little desk cleaning.

First up, This poor torn ticket has been begging me to post it, it just keeps looking at me and wont let me file it away. So, from 1965 (most likely May) this "E" Ticket is I believe from part of the Starlite Nights series. The ticket book included two admission tickets and I think 10 tickets (2 each, A thru E). These use the same blue ink as the Date Nite Series (link). Mr. Lincoln opens July 1965! How about a ride on the Flying Saucers? You better, they wont be there much longer.




The back is not the same as the generic "E" ticket. This ticket is not good during all regular hours. In fact, it's only good after 5:00pm and it self destructs after the summer season.




I have no idea where on the net I got this picture, but I think this is the type of booklet the "E" Ticket above came from. This book is a 6:00pm book however!




And for all my Castle Paper fans, here it, yes ladies and gentlemen, the "Back side of Castle Paper".....



Last up today, this little item keeps asking for post time too. It's a decal from the late 60's / early 70's? To me, Mickey looks cool here and you gotta love the stylized "D".



Tomorrow, I face the return desk at Fry's and hope to have new scans to post....

6 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Starlite tickets was almost the same idea as Date Nites. It was a way to get more attendance in the evenings during the summer. At that time, a lot of families would be at Disneyland until about 6 PM and then head home (or to the hotels and motels.) The Starlite ticket books are very cool books and I like the moon and Sleeping Beauty Castle graphic.

Major Pepperidge said...

I'd love to get one of those Starlite ticket books. I knew a guy who had an amazing collection of Disneyland tickets and ticket books, and I know he had these (as well as those early '55 ticket books with the illustrations on 'em. Haven't talked to him in a while though....

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

WHOA!!! Find this guy for me! I'd LOVE to talk to him, I'd die to buy some things from him! Is he still collecting? Is he the guy that loaned part of his collection to Disneyland for the 50th (in the case at the Opera house)?? Inquiring minds want to know...

Thanks!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi!


Thank you for your website, It is amazing.

I'm writing an article about the parks admission policy and obviously I'm writing about the Disney's coupons. This article will be published on a new magazine about theme parks for professional people.

I would like to use some of your pictures to illustrate my article. of course we will write that the images come from your blog.

Thank you so much in advance.

Please relpy directly here.


Vincent PHILIPPE

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Hi Vincent,

Sounds like a great article, make sure and lets us know when and where we can read it.

Of course, use what ever you like from the blog. And YES, please note my blog address, that would be great!

Thanks!

VintageDisneylandTickets@Gmail.com