Sunday, January 20, 2008

Rides Aplenty over at Knott's

It's a warm sunny Sunday in the late 1970's so lets go to Knott's and ride all the attractions as many times as we want. We wont be needing those pesky ticket books, we've got "Rides Aplenty" passes. I'm not sure if just anyone could buy these or if you had to be in a "club" like Disneyland's Magic Kingdom Club?

These are not dated, but I would place them as mid to late 1970's by the fonts and feel, but I have no evidence of an actual date. "SS" and "PP" what do you suppose that means? Notice the little string is missing from the white one. What a bummer if you lost one of these because the string broke!



But wait, fill out the back and I am sure someone will return it if you lose it.




Since it's clear these "Rides Aplenty" tickets did not get you thru the Main Gate, you will be needing this Complimentary Gate Admission. I wonder if this ticket is still valid? There is no expiration date. Ah, "Globe Safety" paper.



The back implies this ticket is still good anytime the park is open for normal business.



Tomorrow it's back to Disneyland!

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I never thought about it, but I assume that the "Safety" to do more with preventing counterfeiting. Or did tickets printed on ordinary paper have a tendency to explode? ;-)

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

You crack me up! I wonder if Globe produced "unsafe" paper? "Hey Mr. Disney, would you like our exploding paper or the Safety kind?" LOL!