Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Guided Tour - Part 1 1958

Today's post is short and late because my new scanner decided to stop scanning! So we're back to the old scanner, with is reliable, but the scans are not as vivid as the new scanner (when it worked!)

From 1958 we have a portion of the ticket that was used for the Disneyland Guided Tour. These tickets were long and had many sections; Main Gate, Guided Tour, and 1 or 2 of these tickets so you could have some fun after the tour. (I have a full one of these from the 1970's - I'll post it when the scanner gets fixed/replaced).

Ah; Wavy Green Globe Safety Paper (insert Homer Simpson Drool sound here)






These little tags are fun! You tie this to one of the buttons on your shirt to identify yourself and where you are from. Do they still do this? That's kind of fun to see where everyone else on the tour is from. I have a few more of these little tags, they are different colors and have names and towns on them, but this one came with the ticket above.


I have never taken the Guided Tour at Disneyland, some Disneyland fan I am huh? I always figured I could manage those 3 or 4 hours better myself. Now they have 23 different Guided tours so I couldn't even decide which one to take!

Have you heard about the new "ultimate" tour where you go INTO Walt's apartment? I am not even sure what to make of that, you? It seems altogether wrong, but intriguing at the same time.

4 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Very nice! I love this stuff. Thanks VDT.

Major Pepperidge said...

It's funny, these Guided Tour tags show up on ebay from time to time, and even old ones seem to go for not very much. I think that they are very neat ephemera, love the triangular shape.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Thanks Viewliner! Major, you are so right, I am bidding on a set right now (260206916736) it's at $5.24!!!!

Buy Final Fantasy XIV Gil said...

It's crazy, these Advised Trip labels appear on auction web sites every now and then, and even old ones seem to go for not very much. I think that they are very nice ephemera, really like the triangular in form shape.
Buy FFXIV Gil
Buy Final Fantasy XIV CD Key