Thursday, January 17, 2008

POP near its end - RIP

This is a special post for my neighbor and grand fellow blogger Jed over at Vintage Disneyland Goodies. He mentioned on his latest post that he may want to stare at photos of POP in ruins. Well, here you go! My dad took me to see POP from the street around the same time as these photos. It freaked me out on the one hand, but on the other hand, it may have sparked my theme park hobby (obsession).





I got these a few years back from a Coast Study website, they actually had current photos of the same area, but I can find the link! POP - RIP


*** I found the website, it's a great site, lots of coastal pictures - now & then. This one above are from 1972! Here is the link: California Coastal Records Project ******


Here is a current photo of the same area in September 2006:






5 comments:

Chris Merritt said...

Cool - can't have been too many years after the park closed - a lot of the structures are still standing...

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, those are very cool photos!

jedblau said...

VERY COOL photos! Thanks so much. Now I have something to stare at all day.

outsidetheberm said...

Love that! Thanks.
Time to get more POP stuff out...

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing this during many beach trips during its last years. It was vaguely unsettling, the decrepit ruins jutting out into the sea, dying slowly.