Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hank and Red visit Disneyland - Part 2

"Red" is now inside the park, 6:00pm sharp and it appears the park isn't very crowded. I'm guessing the posters are on each side so "Hank" totally blew it by centering Red in this shot!





I suppose that's Skull Rock behind Red - Hank must not have known the flash bulb only goes so far.





Hank looks rather serious in this photo - slick gold belt!. I like the evening skyline and the Skyway silhouette in the background. Too bad we only got half that sign on the right, whats is talking about?




In this last photo taken at the Carnation Plaza Red sure seems happy still. Hey I like the pattern of that shirt on the lady next to Red, I'm gonna guess 1963 as the date for these.


4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

These are great, I actually think the Skull Rock photo is pretty cool with the rock silhouetted in the background.

Connie Moreno said...

I am just LOVING this series. In the upper left corner of Hank's photo, is that a square Skyway bucket I see????

TokyoMagic! said...

A-ha....Connie's right. I always forget what year the Skyway gondolas were changed, but that would definitely help with the year. Weren't they changed right before the New Tomorrowland of '67?

I really like this couple for some reason. I hope they're still with us today....but if that were the case, why wouldn't they have kept these pics? I am mostly happy when looking at vintage DL pics, but occasionally there's a little sadness attached too. I'm experiencing both emotions from this set of photos....but that's a good thing. I hope there are more pics of this couple to come!

JG said...

@TM, I am not expert, but yes, the buckets were changed before New Tomorrowland, at least a year. These pics could be as late as 1966.

I agree, it's sad to think these nice people are gone.

Nostalgia, Greek for the pain of home...

JG