Friday, June 10, 2011

Grad Nite - 1975

It’s Grad Nite at Disneyland June 11, 1975. Make sure and check out the program from Grad Nite ’75 on my previous post here (link).




The usual rules will “help to maintain the Gran Nite Party atmosphere”.





From the Fall-Winter of 1975, here’s Vacationland magazine with America on Parade on the Cover.





The more I see this of this Parade the more I like it. This appears to be the first version, man I love that giant sandwich and 20 foot tall turkey! The blog has a very special “America on Parade” post coming soon, I won’t give it away but it involves a round picture.





This issue has some great Disneyland articles, here’s the first page from a few of them.











The Metro Monorail back when she was one of the stars of mountain.




Come back on Bonus Sunday for the entire issue.

3 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

I love the graphics on that Grad Nite ticket...and wow, it was never used? And it's not even stamped VOID? How did that happen?

Yay, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE America On Parade. It's one of my favorite Disney Parades of all time (maybe tied with Tokyo DL's current Electrical Parade). This is back in the day when the parades were really long and had tons of performers and characters in them. I think I know what your "round picture" is.....I won't give it away either, but it is one of my favorite Disney "round pictures"! I can't wait for that post, VDT!

Major Pepperidge said...

Looking at those Vacationland magazines brightens my day, no matter what.

A round picture? Hmm, I have a guess, but I'm probably wrong.

Those giant doll-headed figures in the parade still freak me out! "They're coming to get you".

Westcot2000 said...

Bad news. The monorail cars are going to be sold to Hersheypark, and may already be gone.