Friday, June 3, 2011

Hank and Red visit Disneyland - Part 1

Let’s take a mini vintage vacation with a happy couple to Disneyland. These Ektachrome slides are a larger format with the film area measuring 2 inches square; does anyone know what type of film this was? These slides are undated and unmarked, so we get to guess the names and dates.

Looks like “Hank” is groomed and ready to leave the Disneyland Hotel and head out to the park. Let’s review his personal check list; Vitalis Hair Tonic, prescription sunglasses with gold accents, Disneyland tickets in front pocket, gold watch, wedding ring, yellow(?) socks and cool daddy-o shoes.





Hank's beautiful red head’s name is eluding me. It must be one of those names than ends in “ie” Like Dixie or Trixie or Katie. Anyway, here she is also ready to head over to the park. Now I see why “Hank” has yellow socks, man he was one cool kat.





Well here's something you don't see everyday, in fact I don’t think I’ve ever seen the interior of the early Monorails. Can’t you just hear the "pop and sizzle" of the flash bulb? Nice timing with the Skyway Station in the background. She looks pretty happy to be there; don’t you wish we could hear the spiel from the speaker?





It’s probably not 6:00am (unless the sun rises in the west) so it appears our happy couple are going just for the evening - Disneyland After Dark.





Come back for part two tomorrow, “Hank” had a few more flash bulbs for the evening ahead.

8 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Awesome pics....especially the Monorail interior shot! Looking forward to more photos of this couple.

Abe Lucas said...

Any guesses on the year? 1965 or '66, perhaps?

Daveland said...

Love that interior Monorail shot! And what a dreamy couple!

Major Pepperidge said...

These are wonderful! I say the lady's name was Lola. And yeah, the Monorail shot, wowee!

Connie Moreno said...

I don't know why but I found myself giggling with delight!!! These are beautiful and I felt like I was in their livingroom,hearing all about their trip!!

SundayNight said...

Wow, that monorail interior shot is great. Looking forward to the rest of the pictures! I say her name was Catherine.

Katella Gate said...

I sure did a double take with that monorail interior photo. Maybe the only one of its kind.

The speaker box looks suspiciously like a license plate frame, and the rest looks a little too much like my old school bus. (Not to be confused with my old-school bus .. I have one of those too)

JG said...

Nice. An attractive couple. Don't you suppose they probably entered the park through Tomorrowland via the monorail and then came out the front gate in the evening?

JG