Monday, June 27, 2011

Bonus Magazine Monday

Since there was no Bonus Sunday yesterday how about a vintage Vacationland Magazine today? This classic issue is the Winter-Spring 1966 edition. Hey, those boys in the red & white striped shirt and red shorts look familiar, friends of Molly? (link).





Download the ntire issue here: Vacationland Winter/Spring 1966 - 102mb


What a great picture they put on the opening page.




Fun map, Tomorrowland is about to go thru some cool changes.






Great article, you’ll have to download the entire issue to read the rest.




Color centerfold of Walt’s Disneyland.




A rather contemporary advertisement for Kodak.




The back cover usually has a Knott’s Berry Farm advertisement, but the opening of Universals Studios Gates took its place.


4 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Interesting description about being able to "bring Herman Munster to life in Grandpa's lab". I didn't know that figure of him moved! I've only seen still pics of it.

Major Pepperidge said...

I was about to comment on something else until I read TokyoMagic's comment. Herman munster moved?? What the? Maybe you just saw a bunch of electrical contraptions sparking and arcing. If he DID come to life, I hope his first words were "Darn Darn Darn Darn Darn!".

TokyoMagic! said...

LOL, Major!!! Maybe his first words were, "The world has never had a good definition of the word liberty...."

I don't remember seeing Herman Munster at Universal, but I have a picture of him that my dad took and I know my older brother remembers seeing him. I'm going to have to ask them both more about it.

keeline said...

I think I only visited the inside of Movieland Wax Museum twice. It seems strange to drive by it on the way to Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant and realize that the sign is still up and the parking lot is used only for a Starbucks.

It's always great to have another Vacationland. The train article reminds me of another in a more mainstream magazine that was "written by Walt" with the title "I have always loved trains."

As has been asked before, is Disneyland a theme park with a train around it or a giant train set with a theme park inside of it?