Thursday, April 2, 2009

Youth Activities Price Sheet - Disneyland 1962

Here’s a fun look at the “Youth Activities” department of Disneyland in 1962. The price sheets below were mailed in this envelope, weird that they slapped this big label on a #10 envelope. I vaporized the address, 2 years with Photoshop and I finally figured out the “clone tool”!






The “Winter Season 1962” had those super special “Passports to Disneyland”, "admission to the park and admission to every ride and attraction as many times as you desire”.  Should I volunteer to be the leader for a FREE admission? I’ll do it as long as I get to be the ONE PERSON to pick up the ticket books and distribute them to the group.






The “Summer Season 1962" sheet appears to be a reprint/re-use of the “Winter Season 1961-62” sheet with some strike outs and corrections. The plans are changed for summer, with the elimination of the “Passports” and the addition of the “15 Adventure” books. But this was originally printer for winter, even the “Winter Hours” are shown at the bottom. Things that make you go hmmmm.






From my March 11th post (link) this 1962 Passport to Disneyland” was one heck of a deal for $4.50.






A trio of “10 Adventure” books from 1962, I like the soothing colors.






Have you noticed all the stylized “Disneyland’s” in each scan, fun symmetry. I’m out of my “B” ticket mood (sorry Alice) and I’m in an “E” ticket mood today. It’s because we're almost at the weekend and I might just be at the park as you read this!

Can you imagine having to choose just one attraction from this ticket? Pretend it’s 1962, you’ve got this one “E” Ticket, what's your choice? Temping as the Flying Saucers are, I’m going with the Pack Mules thru Nature's Wonderland.


5 comments:

Hypermommy said...

Where on earth do you find all this wonderful stuff????? I love these!!! And yes, I'm with you... I'd take the pack mules. Although it'd be a hard choice over the Jungle Cruise.

Katella Gate said...

Just how many tickets do you actually have?

Major Pepperidge said...

Yeah, I would definitely ride the Pack Mules... I never rode them, and it was a nice long ride, AND you got to see Nature's Wonderland from a completely different perspective.

The Saucers were neat, but were basically bumper cars, and I'm not crazy about bumper cars...

Disney On Parole said...

Give me the Saucers! I love bumper cars!... Or maybe the monorail to go back to the hotel for a swim. because of course we'd be there for a couple days!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Two for the Pack Mules, one saucer and Katella, how many tickets do I have? I haven't counted but its more than a 1,000 and less than 10,000 :-)

Hypermommy, most of the stuff has come from Ebay in its earlier years (1999 to 2001) and some recent. I've never made it to the conventions, but I plan to this July

Major; You hit it, The Pack Mules must have had a great leisurely view.

DOP: I'm afraid the saucer would just sit there with my butt in it!