Saturday, August 23, 2008

Souvenir Saturday - Little Man of Disneyland

Souvenir Saturday brings us a great 1955 book “Little Man of Disneyland”. It’s not a Golden Book like “Donald Duck in Disneyland” (link) or a Whitman Book like “Donald Duck Goes to Disneyland” (link). This is a Simon and Schuster publication, part of the Mickey Mouse Club Books collection.

The front cover is well used, but the page inside are still in good shape and tell one of the best little stories I’ve read in while.






It’s all about a little leprechaun named Patrick Begorra who lives in an orange tree that is on the future site of Disneyland!






My scanner is having issues so you’ll have to come back tomorrow for the entire book….



See you tomorrow for a fun packed Bonus Sunday.

5 comments:

outsidetheberm said...

Have always enjoyed this book.

And it looks like our scanners are all revolting at the same time. We're having the same issue.

Westcot2000 said...

Kevin Yee did a little blurb about this book at Mouseplanet.com a long time ago. Apparently there was a little tree near "Sunkist, I Presume" that was his house! My recollection is that Kevin said it was ripped out in the sixties.

Anonymous said...

this is the first place I've been able to find anything out on vintage Disneyland memorabilia.
My dad worked at Disneyland for the first 6 mths after it opened. This is how I recieved the book. "The Little Man of Disneyland. My grandma, collected a whole album of things.I've have jewelry, employee gifts, postcards tickets.
If anyone has any other websites to search I'd love to see them posted.
thanks for the post

Anonymous said...

I remember this book as a child, is there any way that you could post more pictures? I vaguely remember a page that is at night and the leprechaun is under a lamp post?

Thanks!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Anonymous #2, if you check the next day's post (8/24) you will find the entire book in PDF format.

http://vintagedisneylandtickets.blogspot.com/2008/08/bonus-sunday.html