Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Twain Ticket of a Different Color...

Last month I posted a “Trio of Mark Twain Tickets” (link) showing the beautiful Mark Twain Steamboat tickets in green, yellow (goldenrod?) and pink. Major Pepperidge suggested there may be a gray version and I agree as I think I’ve seen it somewhere.

Well this just in from an eBay find… A Brown version! I wonder why there were so many colors? Maybe “adult, junior and child” were green, yellow and pink. This brown (or is it tan/beige) version has an “X” preceding the serial number, sometimes this to means “courtesy guest”, “complimentary” or even employee tickets.

This ticket is missing the “purser’s check” on the right, but it does have the binder stub on the left, while very plain, its pretty rare or at least I’ve never seen one.






The back is of course a marvelous field of Globe Safety Paper. I can never get enough; I want to wall paper my entire den in this stuff, come to think of it, I have enough tickets, hmmmm.






Here are the backs from the previous Twain Ticket post to compare the colors.






This next scan is a sneak peak to an upcoming weekly feature here on the blog. Starting in January 2009, each Monday will be “Magazine Monday” and will feature a Vintage Magazine with Disneyland related articles. There’s plenty to last us at least until spring.

This is from McCall’s February 1956 issue. McCall’s is one of those big “Life” size magazines. This issue features lovely ladies wearing the latest fashions, photographed on location at Disneyland.






OK, since I know everyone was curious, here are the details on what our lovely lady above is wearing.


5 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

I cannot wait for magazine Monday. I can only imaging what you have in store for us. I like this!!!

Major Pepperidge said...

Well, that IS a color that I've seen for other tickets... but never for a Mark Twain ticket! Very cool.

I love old McCall's magazines anyway, and having a fashion feature photographed at Disneyland is even better!

Anonymous said...

You've got to love those tickets!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, as a lover of vintage fashion I have a few early 1900's McCall's magazines, but had no idea they had a issue featuring Disneyland. I'll have to keep a lookout for my own copy.

Magazine Monday sounds great---I can't wait!

Oliver said...

Trade FX At Home On Your PC: roboforex login Is A Forex Trading Company. The Company States That You Can Make On Average 80 – 300 Pips Per Trade. roboforex login States That It Is Simple And Easy To Get Started.