Friday, December 5, 2008

The Wonderful World of Wizardry December 19??

Here’s an interesting two sided undated (boy that drives me crazy!) flyer. One side depicts an “Extra Special Holiday Attraction” presented by Mickey Mouse himself it’s “The Wonderful World of Wizardry”. A Google search doesn’t find much, I’m not even sure what was all about, but what ever it was they did it 15 times daily!






The other side is all about the “Fantasy on Parade”. Although the condition of this flyer is excellent, its must be fairly old since the parade route goes into Indian Village which was taken out in 1971 to build Bear Country (Yesterland: Link).






A nice first year Fantasy on Parade photo from Gorilla Don’t Blog (post link).





In case you didn’t know, Fantasy on Parade had it’s Gala Premiere on Saturday December 18, 1965 at 8:00pm, I have an original ticket to prove it, check back on the 18th of this month to see it.

4 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Wow, I never knew that the parades ever went through Frontierland and New Orleans Square, let alone the Indian Village! Does anyone out there have photos of any parade floats in these lands? Would love to see some. Do you think they changed the parade route after Small World was built?

Major Pepperidge said...

You have a ticket to the premiere of a parade? I thought that tickets for parades didn't exist until the closing of the Main Street Electrical Parade. Either way, I look forward to seeing it, any ticket from as early as 1965 is definitely worth a look.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Tokyomagic; I never knew that either - until I got this little flyer!

Major; It's an interesting ticket, its not for main gate admission, it just says "guest" and "please be seated by 7:30" Where did they sit?

TokyoMagic! said...

Come to think of it, I've seen footage of a Circle Vision movie showing Fantasy On Parade going past the front of the castle. I did wonder at that time if the parade route ever went around the Plaza differently than it does now or if it was just staged that way for fliming....I think this film clip was shown in an episode of the Wonderful World of Color entitled, "From Pirates of the Caribbean to the World of Tomorrow" (instead of showing a clip from America the Beautiful) And THAT leads me to this question....do you know if the entire parade was filmed in Circle Vision and if it was ever actually shown in the Circle Vision Theater? That footage always confused me.