Monday, March 8, 2010

Teen Magazine - September 1962

Welcome to Magazine Monday. Today we’ve got Teen Magazine from September 1962. If you missed the first Teen Magazine Monday post (February 1961), check it out here (link).






The Disneyland article is this issue is all about Grad Nite 1962. You can see a “live” Grad Nite 62’ dance photo over at Daveland’s blog (link) and my parents at Grad Nite 62’ here on my blog (link).






There are a lot of great photos in this article; some are pretty bright for night time!










Here’s a nice four page article on our cover girl Ann Margret.






Wow, Ann is looking pretty sultry here. I always wondered, did Viva Las Vegas help her acting career or kill it?






Cover guy Bobby Rydell gets a small side note in this “Fad’s and Fancies” page.






Now for some classic vintage advertisements. “Brush 3 ways clean the Colgate Way!






Mary Tyler Moore? Jackie Kennedy? Nope, just fashions by Betty Barclay.






I guess the teens targeted in this magazine were girls! This adds a whole new means to “go for the ring”.






Life as a teen in the early 60’s was about choices, so you decide which one is best for you.






Lastly, how about some Big Daddy comics? Either this isn’t funny or I just don’t get it, probably both.


4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Gee, lookit all those clean cut kids! I like the "Fads and Fancies" pages... why does Janet Lennon get singled out among the Lennon Sisters?

Ann Margret, hubba hubba!

Katella Gate said...

This magazine was originally sent to a young lady living on Rural Route 2 in Glenford Ohio, a town of less than 200. I suppose that it was something of a lifeline.

Remember when Ann Margrock guest stared on the Flinstones? Well, I guess this is what she looked like in her AD persona.

Did Disneyland ever have a brass ring catch? I don't think so, but I wouldn't trust my memory on this one.

KimboLimbo said...

My grampa still wears his hair like Bobby Rydell hahahaha :)

Anonymous said...

The woman in the Betty Barclay ad is model Helaine Carlin.