Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cinderella Day at Disneyland - March 3, 1972

It’s Cinderella Day at Disneyland, Friday March 3, 1972. Obviously geared towards women, this daytime event included unlimited use of all attractions (except Shooting Galleries) PLUS; Fashion Shows, Garden Tours, Cooking Shows and a Free Recipe Book. I wonder if this (link) was the recipe book? French Market Onion Soup, Tom Sawyer’s Fish Skewer’s, Peco’s Bill’s Chili Con Carne – wow, now I’m hungry!






How about a look at a swell edition of Vacationland? From Winter/Spring 1972, isn’t the cover great? This is one of my favorite covers. Come back on Bonus Sunday for the entire issue.






Here’s OUR Tomorrowland! Interesting that Carousel of Progress gets three photos, wasn’t it removed not long after this? Mission control sure looks inviting, on my last “Flight to Mars” in the early 90’s I still marveled at Mission Control, I miss it.






If I ever have the need to give a gift to that special someone, that Cheeseburger Candle has got to be it!






This issue was printed just a few months before Bear County would open, however the bears didn’t make it on this map. The Indian Village is noticeably absent.






What kind of ink did they print these old Dolly Madison advertisements with? It so thick and even, it reminds me of the high-end paint they use at Disneyland. This ad is 38 years old, and it looks brand new. “Interstate Brands Corp.” now owns Hostess!


5 comments:

Daveland said...

I want a cheeseburger candle! Without the shooting gallery, what woman in her right mind would fall for that durn Cinderella promotion?!?

Matt said...

That's a cool ticket indeed. I wonder if they made one for this day?

Andrew said...

I remember my ice cream cone candle. It didn't taste as good as it looked, though (As a kid, I had to taste it). And Linus' hair is not usually painted brown, is it?He was always the smartest kid, and he's already talking about google!

Major Pepperidge said...

Hey, save that Vacationland for "Magazine Mondays"! I wonder if it wasn't the ink, but the paper that made the magazine seem so new 38 years later?

Anonymous said...

I remember buying my mom the hamburger candle for a gift, then seeing that very page in the magazine. What a blast of memory that just was...

Dave, if I had that candle now, I would give it to you.

The 70's were very weird.

JG