Thursday, March 19, 2009

Blast to the Past at Disneyland - March 1988-89?

Are you ready to "Blast to the Past"? Heck forget the 50's, it's time to celebrate the 80's! This flier is dated 1989 but the parking lot brochure in this post is from 1988? Did they do this event for two years????






The "Blast" always seemed more fun in the promotion materials that it really was. In all fairness I only saw it once, but it felt so contrived in person it almost seemed sad. Maybe it was just the 80's funk I was in??? Anyway, enjoy this fun parking lot brochure from March 19 and 20, 1988.














I had no idea you could actually rent those classic cars from National! I probably would have done that. In 1984 I rented the "New" Corvette from a place in Beverly Hills, it was $110 for one day plus a $2,500 deposit on my Visa! (after all that and my old '70 Firebird was still faster...)


4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I certainly remember the "Blast From the Past", and my reaction was about the same as yours. Meh! It just felt like it was aimed at young children, or maybe I was just at an age where I was too cool to care!! ;-)

Jason Schultz said...

Yes, two years, just like State Fair.

Jan Vincent said...

I remember State Fair and Blast from the Past running Spring and Fall for two years in a row. My daughter was a baby at the time, so I'm thinking 1988 and 1989.

the Sushi Bandit said...

Blast was the best show the entertainment division did that entire decade!