Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bank of America at Disneyland Ad - 1956

This is a Spin-off post from Daveland’s awesome Bank on Main Street post from yesterday (link).

This Bank of America advertisement is from Newsweek Magazine August 6, 1956. All I have is this one page, I don’t have magazine otherwise we’d check out some other ads too!

The only mention of Disneyland is in small print just below the painting. The art style is very 1950's and is a little reminiscent of Mary Blair or the Golden Gems books (link). I think the artist's name reads “Diamond”.






I’ll be stopping at the park this afternoon; I’m going to attempt to get an elusive photo of the vault door that’s still inside the Bank of Main Street, my last attempts were blurry-city!


1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

At least you know what magazine this is from... sometimes people cut up old magazines, sell them page by page, and won't tell you what magazine or issue it's from. Maybe they are afraid that you will go into the magazine mutilating business yourself!

Great artwork, this is definitely reminiscent of children's book illustrations of the time. Wish I knew who "Diamond" was!