Friday, September 30, 2011

Walt Disney Word - October 1971 Ticket Book

Walt Disney World’s 40th anniversary is just one day away! What better time to take a closeup look at the original tickets used when Walt Disney World opened. This first scan was donated by a blog reader (D.G.). back in 2008. This is a complete October 1971 Magic Kingdom ticket book. It has the main gate ticket, the transportation ticket and all of it’s a thru E tickets, how cool is that?




The following scans are also tickets from October 1971, these are from a couple of incomplete books in my collection. A complete book as shown above is ultra-rare and is worth a boat load of Churro’s.











5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea that the Hall of Presidents and Country Bear Jamboree had originally been designated as "D" attractions!

Pegleg Pete said...

I'm similarly shocked that the Country Bears were a 'D' ticket attraction, yet the Tropical Serenade required an 'E' ticket. Very curious indeed.

Major Pepperidge said...

WOW, I have never seen one of these before. If I could only have one WDW ticket book, it would be from October 1971.

TokyoMagic! said...

I'm also surprised to see which attractions took which tickets. So the Keel Boats only took a "B" ticket? They were a "C" ticket at Disneyland. And yes, why was Country Bear Jamboree a "D" ticket while Tropical Serenade was an "E"? Seems to me like they are pretty comparable.....same thing with Mickey Mouse Revue and Hall of Presidents!

R. Britton said...

I have two ticket books with one B,C,D ticket in both of them. I went to Disney World opening day Oct. 1971. The line were long and we didn't use all our tickets. I am from Orlando and liver 10 minutes away from Disney World so we planned on using them another time. Must have lost them, I found them in my late mother purse. They look like they were printed yesterday. If anyone would want them e-mail me rsbtrek@aol.com.