Friday, May 15, 2009

Disneyland Passports - 1977


In case anyone is doing the math; this marks my 500th post here on the blog (Hey Dave, Major & Matterhorn1959, I'm half way to the 1000 club!).  It’s a little overwhelming to look back at all my old posts, who is this crazy guy with all this paper stuff? What’s even more overwhelming is how much stuff I haven’t posted yet or even cataloged or organized!

For today's post here are a couple of neat Passport’s to Disneyland from May 1977. These are from the day’s when ticket books were still the standard issue and these were available only to “Magic Kingdom Club” members.






The child passport for $6.50. These are in super shape for being 32 years old. I love the little strings.






These 1970’s passports look very similar to the one’s from the 1980’s, except when compared to a 1982 ticket, they’re HUGE! The 1977 one is also on a much nicer card stock.





Thank you to everyone who has commented and emailed me (or even if you have just read my blog).   I’ve enjoyed every minute of doing this blog and reading all the other great blogs on my “favorites” list, you should see my browser choke when I open all 35 blogs at once each morning .  It’s hard to imagine there was a time when my Disneyland obsession was kept all bottled up.

7 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Wow...congratulations on your 500th post, VDT! I am always amazed by the amount of material you post. Love the vintage stuff, love your trip reports....love it all! Please keep up the excellent work. Everyday, I look forward to seeing what you are going to post!

Matterhorn1959 said...

Congrats on the 500th post, it is tough to keep going, but knowing people read and comment on your blog helps. Here's to your next 500, and 1000, and....

Thufer said...

Congrats on the 500 mark!

I so remember pinning that passport to my shirt. amazing memories of when we went 'all you can ride'!

Major Pepperidge said...

500 posts is awesome, it seems like only yesterday that I started looking at this "new blog"! And remember, Tony Baxter himself mentioned that he liked the blog with all of the Disneyland tickets.

I'm glad to hear that you have a lot of stuff that you still need to post... thanks for sharing your amazing collection!

Daveland said...

Great job, Tim! Besides the tix, i also enjoy reading your park updates. Keep it coming!

Anonymous said...

Those passports look familiar. We could get those through my mom's position as a hospital volunteer. It was so "efficient" to not have tickets.

Thanks for your efforts on this interesting blog. You have recalled many happy memories for me.

Best regards.

Disneyland Obsession said...

Man I sure wish that prices were still that good. Imagine getting Into the parks for about the same price as a burger today, wow. Does anyone remember how much an annual pass cost back then?