Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bonus Sunday

Welcome to Bonus Sunday! From Tuesday’s NRC Nite post (link)., here is the entire Summer 1968 Disneyland Guide.


Disneyland Guide Book Summer 1968 - 18mb





Naturally this is one of my favorite pages!





Your Summer 1968 entertainment line-up, ah the gold old days!






Late but not forgotten, this Vacationland Summer 1978 issue was shown on a post a couple weeks ago (link) but got missed last Sunday.


Vacationland Summer 1978 – 61mb






There must be at least one ad for every Southern California Tourist destination in this magazine. When did Scooby and the gang invade Marineland?





Two daily parades this summer! Sound like a great idea for 2010, do some silly 55th parade during the day then at night run the Main Street Electrical Parade on Main Street!






A Chilly Challenge; to find a way out….






Does anyone else remember these candies during the 1970’s? I seem to recall these candies had a resurgence in the late ‘70’s, I remember buying $5 worth at Disneyland and eating them eating them all day long, at some point they become lethal and started to slice up your mouth pretty bad!


8 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

As always, a great Sunday read. Thanks Tim. Very much appreciated.

Major Pepperidge said...

I don't know about those candies, but your story about how they became lethal reminds me of something else. Remember "Zotz"? It was a hollow hard candy (cherry or lemon or whatever) with stuff in the middle that fizzed when you got to it. Trouble was, they were like razors after a while!

Katella Gate said...

Re Scooby-Doo and Marineland: Hanna-Barbera was trying to get into the themepark business at this time, and they either bought outright or purchased the lease on Marineland. I don't think it got much traction, that park went thru a lot of hands.

As we all know, it closed several years ago, when through a ghost town phase and was then demolished.

Disney On Parole said...

I totally remember those candy sticks! all that joy for 5cents!!!!
boy you just took me back 30 years to buying them at the Market House!
O the Sugar Rush!!!
Yum!

Thanks!

TokyoMagic! said...

I remember those candy sticks....the giant sticks were 50 cents, I thought. I also remember Mickey's Birthday Parade!

Somewhere I have photos of the Yogi Bear and Hong Kong Phooey characters at Marineland. I kind of remember there also being some hideous looking Wilma Flintstone character walking around.

TokyoMagic! said...

VDT, I just checked a 1980 souvenir book that I have from Marineland. It says that the park was called "Marineland of the Pacific" from 1954 (the year it opened) to 1978 when it was then renamed "Hanna-Barbera's Marineland." I found some more Marineland stuff too...I'll try to get it posted sometime soon.

Diablo 3 Items said...


Pleased to uncover your blog post and also the wonderful photographs that you've regularly! Diablo 3 Gold

FFXIV Gil For Sale said...

I remember these candies stays....the giant twigs have been 55 dollars, I figured. Furthermore, i bear in mind Mickey's Birthday celebration Celebration!


cheap rs gold
FF14 Gold