Sunday, October 19, 2008

Souvenir Saturday and Bonus Sunday

Welcome to Souvenir Saturday and Bonus Sunday all bundled up in one post.

Today's Souvenir is a large (approx. 15” x 11”) puzzle of Frontierland. This is dated 1955 and the art work sure looks like 1955. I like how Casey Jr. ended up on the Frontierland puzzle.






Now for Bonus Sunday we’ve got two magazines for your reading pleasure. First up from my corrected post of Thursday, here is the complete Summer 1967 Vacationland


Vacationland Summer 1967 – 58mb





The "center-fold" from the Summer 1967 Vacationland.





Here’s an unusual magazine, it's Kaleidoscope the in room magazine for the Disneyland Hotel. From Spring 1980, this is volume 1 issue 4. I only have this one issue and I have never seen any others. (Progressland; do you know how many of these were issued?)


Kaleidoscope Spring 1980 – 55mb





I want that Lincoln stretch limo!


4 comments:

Jason Schultz said...

I've never heard of Kaleidoscope before; you should ask Don Ballard! He should be able to give you an authoritative answer.

I'm looking forward to going through the Vacationland. Thanks for posting!

The Viewliner Limited said...

Since I stopped getting the Sunday paper (because of your awesome Sunday posts) The newspaper people are calling me everyday. They are mad as hell!

Major Pepperidge said...

Funny, all they did to represent Frontierland was put in some Indian (and Davy Crockett) references. No Mark Twain? No Golden Horseshoe? I guess the stuff in the background was to remind kids that there was lots more to do at Disneyland.

Jason Schultz said...

That Vacationland took some time to get through. It gets pretty messy when guest talent is involved! The magazine contributed information to about 150 terms.