Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Disneyland "Yesterday" and "Today"

Today’s “Yesterday” Disneyland brochure appears to be from 1959 as it mentions the attractions in the “New Disneyland ‘59”.





Gotta love those little drawings!





Date Nite & Fantasy in the Sky, ah good times…






I was lucky enough to spend a few hours at Disneyland yesterday with Jason who runs the Disneyland Nomenclature Blog (link) and Dave, who is also a former cast member (Dave’s blog link) and Mike caught up with us later (not sure if Mike has a blog).

It’s great to be at Disneyland with other Disneyland enthusiasts, talk about seeing the park from a different perspective, wow! These guys know a LOT about the park, and Jason's “Disneyland Compendium/Encyclopedia” project is mind boggling and truly a masterpiece in the making.

Therefore, today’s “Today” brochure is actually from yesterday.





And of course the map. Oh, we toured the new “House of the Future” that’s inside of Inoventions, I’d like to report it was great, but, well, it was just lame.





3 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Got back sooner than expected. I have a lot of catching up to do. I see will spend some real time here. Thanks Tim.

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, I don't think I've EVER seen that blue '59 ticket guide before. There is a common version in red... anyway, very nice!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Hi Viewliner, glad to see your back, neat Kodak post you have today!

Major, I got this blue version recently, until then I thought the red version was the only one. See tomorrow's post for the red one!