Thursday, October 30, 2008

Knott's Map - 1980/81?

Time for another Knott’s Berry Farm Map. This one is not dated which drives me crazy, I would place it at 1980/81, maybe a little newer. Since the Motorcycle Chase in now the Wacky Soapbox Racers, this must be 1980 or newer. Check out a super post on the Wacky Racers at Outside the Berm (link).






Major Pepperidge over at “Gorilla’s don’t Blog” made this comment on my last Knott’s map post: “I still have no idea where things are in relation to each other. Unlike Disneyland, which I know a lot better!” This is so true! The last time I was at Knott's I was completely lost and I’ve been going since 1970! Plus these maps seem woefully out of proportion and the farm looks very different today.






The amount of entertainment was amazing. Check out all the scheduled shows plus on the right is Snoopy in person and tons of “roaming” entertainment. Does Knott’s have any entertainment like this today?






And of course this post need some color, so here a nice undated picture of the Stage Coach. Amazingly, the Stage Coach is still running at Knott’s!


3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

It's too bad they never had an illustrator as skillful as Sam McKim to draw their maps... most of them at this point were a little too cartoony for my taste. But I guess they did what they were supposed to do!

Interesting, I see FOUR entrances to Knott's!

Chris Jepsen said...

This map is from August 1982.

buy Diablo 3 gold said...

Wow, this can be gorgeous. Picture all the looking at and also creating you can do... Chilly in the winter although.
Diablo 3 Items



GW2 Gold