Friday, November 6, 2009

Top's Motel Postcard - June 1972

Taking a page from Gorilla’s don’t Blog, today’s post is an “offsite” postcard look at Disneyland. This postcard is not even close to being as cool as Major’s Waikiki Motel postcard from Tuesday (link). You many recall seeing the “Top’s Motel” on this blog before. Here’s a 1955/56 brochure back in the Motel’s prime (link). And yes the motel is still stand today, the pool with girls in bikinis is long gone and its no longer “Top’s” now its just “Classic” (January 2009 photo). Dig that room interior, the lamps, the TV, the chairs, the carpet, wow!






Our tourist gave a super account of their trip to Disneyland. “Many new additions”... The “Light Parade” must have been a far out concept “instead of flowers etc., the floats are made of strings of lights ---> it’s really very impressive”. I couldn’t have said it better myself.






Since we’re in 1972, how about a Vacationland from the Fall/Winter 1972? I was just in New Orleans Square a yesterday and boy has this area changed!






Neat article on the Haunted Mansion. Come back on Bonus Sunday for the rest of the article and the entire issue.






2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I love the postcard, in this case it's cool that it is "used", with the description of the Electric Parade. Was '72 the first year of that parade? I know I could look it up, but I'm lazy.

TokyoMagic! said...

I wonder if Mr. & Mrs. D.P. Harry had a good time at Lion Country Safari the next day? At least she wouldn't have had to do as much walking there!