Sunday, November 29, 2009

Bonus Sunday

Welcome to Bonus Sunday. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and had plenty of good food, I sure did!

From Friday's post, here is the complete Winter-Spring 1968 edition of Vacationland.


Vacationland Winter-Spring 1968 - 96mb






To be honest, I just noticed this photo was backwards when I scanned it the other night, but I've had this issue for a while and have read it several times!






A nice two page Tiki Room article.






Super color photos in the centerfold.






While not as exciting as a sack of sugar on a drinking fountain, I do like this ad for Dolly Madison Cakes, they're "toothsome". The purple ink they used is so thick it actually coats/laminates the paper!


6 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I'm not sure I ever knew that the "barker bird" was named Juan...

Mmm, that Dolly Madison ad is making me hungry! Does that company still exist? Thanks for the great Vacationland!

The Viewliner Limited said...

Back from a great Thanksgiving time with the family. Folks I haven't seen in 20 years. I am going to spend the day catching up with all the cool stuff you have posted. Appreciated as always, Richard.

Mark said...

This was a lot of fun to see. Just loving the retro stuff. Thanks!

Mark
www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Katella Gate said...

@Major: Yeah, the name "Juan" for the barker bird shows up a few times in publicity material.

Can you believe we're discussing the name of a robot parrot that's been gone for almost 40 years?

It's almost as bad discussing Boba Fett's middle name.

TokyoMagic! said...

Boba Fett had a middle name?

Katella Gate said...

Tokyo: Yes, Boba Fett had a middle name. Robert Algernon Fett.

Obviously, "Algernon" is a real image killer for a bounty hunter, so he took he ran the letters BOB A FETT together for a cool sounding name on his license to kill.