Tuesday, November 10, 2009

1990's Disneyland Brochure - 2 year Anniversary!

Can you believe it’s been two years since I started this blog? Wow how time flies when you’re having fun. I’m blogging about Disneyland; “The Happiest Place on Earth” so how could this be anything but fun! BTW; I’m still not even half way thru my ever expanding collection so I think we can count on at least a couple more years!

This undated (why are so many Disneyland items undated??) brochure appears to be from the mid to late 90’s, Indiana Jones in prominent and no mention of New Tomorrowland or DCA…






Glossy goodness… I saw the new Indiana Jones AA last week (the one at the beginning of the ride that is holding the big doors closed) he looks amazingly real, the old one was really getting bad.






The more days, the more ways to have fun” Who wrote that tag line, he's no Darrin Stephens.






A nice colorful trio of parking tickets, fancy digital printing for the serial numbers.





Well, I’m off to scan for another 660 posts!!! See you on the next one.


********UPDATE*********


This just in from Jason over at Disneyland Nomenclature, it does seem similar in style to the brochure above so I guess it must be from 1997! Thanks Jason!


6 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Happy second anniversary! Thank you for all the wonderful stuff you share with us. Looking forward to many more fantastic posts!

Major Pepperidge said...

I have to say it, but, "Here's to the next 660 posts!"!

Congratulations on your two year anniversary Tim, yours is definitely one of the top vintage Disneyland blogs out there and I check in every day. Keep up the great work (and I know it really is work)!!

Jason Schultz said...

Congratulations! I think the brochure is from 1997. I'm having trouble coming up with the slogan for that time, but I remember that photo of Goofy. Or maybe it's just that color yellow they used on the Disneyland Today brochures very briefly.

Katella Gate said...

What do you have in mind for post 666? Something on Paul Pressler?

Matterhorn1959 said...

Congrats on the two year anniversary young Jedi. I am looking to more posts....

Dave said...

Congrats, Tim! This site is on my daily "must see" list, and has been for a long time. Wow, 660 posts! I'd better get back to work!